We lost our Tippy

chickrunfun

Songster
Aug 6, 2015
South Tampa, Florida
http://www.critters.com/main.php?action=view&mem_id=11460&page_no=1

After 2 trips to the vet...one of which was going to do procedures Wednesday Feb. 10th...we lost Tippy. On the morning of the 9th...day after the second vet visit, she was so much worse we decided to call it. There was no need for her to suffer any more. After a last meal of creamed corn, a warm bath and lots of last hugs, they put her down.
She'll be missed like crazy. Our feathered whinny little puppy like chicken.
Rest now, Henny Penny.

Sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
Sounds like you did all you could and she was well loved.

I'm sorry for your loss. When we get so attached to our little animals friends, it's hard to lose them.

Hey NorthFl...how you been. Yea, It's hard having a heart when it comes to tending animals and such. She WAS suppose to be just a chicken, but no one told her or Jeanie. Jeanie....(sigh) worrying on her, now. She's having a hard go at it too. She searches and searches for Tippy all over and calls and calls for her. The day we put Tippy to sleep she fretted so bad for her and didn't eat all day. Today seems to be a little bit better. I got to find her a friend. We figured putting the babies in the hen house would give her some company but they're still to small to give her yard company, you know? Anybody got a friendly hen I can borrow a bit? Wish I were joking but I think I'll see if Jeanette's friend will let us borrow her bantam hen. Jeanie's never been touchy feely but since Wednesday, she's after me all over the yard and even lets me pick her up now. Think she's lonely.

Anywhoo THANK YOU ALL for your kind words from me and my wife
Sincerely
Will and Jeanette

Hey NorthFl...how you been. Yea, It's hard having a heart when it comes to tending animals and such. She WAS suppose to be just a chicken, but no one told her or Jeanie. Jeanie....(sigh) worrying on her, now. She's having a hard go at it too. She searches and searches for Tippy all over and calls and calls for her. The day we put Tippy to sleep she fretted so bad for her and didn't eat all day. Today seems to be a little bit better. I got to find her a friend. We figured putting the babies in the hen house would give her some company but they're still to small to give her yard company, you know? Anybody got a friendly hen I can borrow a bit? Wish I were joking but I think I'll see if Jeanette's friend will let us borrow her bantam hen. Jeanie's never been touchy feely but since Wednesday, she's after me all over the yard and even lets me pick her up now. Think she's lonely.

Anywhoo THANK YOU ALL for your kind words from me and my wife
Sincerely
Will and Jeanette

That poor little Jeanie girl. No one will ever be able to convince me that animals (including chickens!) don't have feelings. And they aren't always "just" chickens to everyone...sure some people consider them part of their livestock (and that's ok!) but they are beloved family pets to some of us.

Try getting the little bantam to see if Jeanie will buddy up with her. It really sounds like she needs a friend.

Take care Will, this is the sucky part of having animals but there's still enough joy in having them to make up for having to deal with the not-so-great parts.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom