Finally! A sign of life!

deapot2

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 9, 2015
Indiana
I've posted a few times now about my first time trying hatch eggs. I've yet to have one hatch. I've gone through 5 others that were either not fertilized or met untimely deaths. But tonight, when candling the egg laid on 1/19, I heard CHIRPING! I looked and it appears the chick has been able to pip (is that the right word??) into the air cell.

NOW WHAT???

How long until she (or he) hopefully hatches??? My 4-year old son and I could not be more excited. We're beside ourselves. Is it too obsessive to go outside and sleep next to the coop - even though it's 15 degrees? Lol.

I expect the little one made some progress by now? Fingers crossed you will have a successful hatch this time!

Yes! This morning I have a pip!!! The poor chick has chosen one of the coldest days of the year to be born!!! But praise the Lord, it's on its way!

My first hatch n I just got my first chick. Two more have pipped but I think that's it out of six eggs. I'm so excited. I have learnt a lot from this website. I'm only getting a 50% hatch rate but being a first time hatchet I'm proud of my self.

Back
Top Bottom