Help chick leg won't extend

RookyChickMama

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 8, 2014
Texas
I had to help my chick hatch yesterday because he was malpositioned, hatching from pointy end, after about 12 hours of trying to unzip. I noticed he won't/can't extend one leg. I try to move it back but it's like it won't budge, and I'm afraid to force it any farther not sure what to do. Never had this problem before. Maybe the result of being malpositioned, not sure. The eggs weren't shipped either there from my own flock.

Ive got a chick with the exact same prob! He had trouble getting out too. Actually, from midnite the nite before until after work the next day, he was still alive but had not made any progress at all. I knew by this time, he was gonna have to be helped. Anyway, he can not stand at all. Fairly active little fella, but one leg will not extend. Feet look fine, actually the leg does too. But he cant straighten it out. He is about 12 hrs old i guess. Wish somebody would know something about this.

Ive got a chick with the exact same prob! He had trouble getting out too. Actually, from midnite the nite before until after work the next day, he was still alive but had not made any progress at all. I knew by this time, he was gonna have to be helped. Anyway, he can not stand at all. Fairly active little fella, but one leg will not extend. Feet look fine, actually the leg does too. But he cant straighten it out. He is about 12 hrs old i guess. Wish somebody would know something about this.[/quote

Did you ever figure out what to do for your chick? I'm having this problem now!!!

Sorry sadly my chick died. But he had a breathing problem too. I tried everything I could but I think it was his hip out of place and I couldn't get it back in, and nothing else helped. I have read people popping it back in but it's very hard because there bones are so small.

Back
Top Bottom