Hello new in Arizona

AyresHomestead

Hatching
Mar 8, 2016
Mesa, Arizona
Hello everyone we are new to keeping chicken so we seek lots of info. Our coop and run are just about completed we have had out chicks sense Friday. When are we able to put the chicks out in their coop it has already been getting hot here so I am afraid to wait to long and not have them be able to adjust to the heat before it really hits. Any help and knowledge would be great.

Welcome to BYC,
You've come to the right place.
If you have any specific questions be sure to ask because that is what BYC is all about.
Since you are new here be sure to check out the learning center, They have loads of information that I am sure you'll enjoy.
Good Luck!
And...
welcome-byc.gif

Hi and welcome to BYC. Chicks should be fine in the coop after 4 weeks or so (when they have feathered out). In addition to the Learning Centre, your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread). In fact, the search box should become your best friend
cid:72343587-E4D5-49FE-ABD9-FC042197A8B2
Lastly but by no means least, the members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
CT

Hello everyone we are new to keeping chicken so we seek lots of info. Our coop and run are just about completed we have had out chicks sense Friday. When are we able to put the chicks out in their coop it has already been getting hot here so I am afraid to wait to long and not have them be able to adjust to the heat before it really hits. Any help and knowledge would be great.

Come visit the Arizona thread
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/getting-started-raising-chickens

We will give you tons of information.. We all have a deferent set up..

welcome always nice to see people from my neck of the woods

Let us know if you are in Tempe, & have a cup of tea in the garden..we are going to post up a potluck date in the end of April.. We do a seed box that another BYC member started.. It goes all ove the state of Arizona.. Hope you can come and go threw the seed box...

Let us know if you are in Tempe, & have a cup of tea in the garden..we are going to post up a potluck date in the end of April.. We do a seed box that another BYC member started.. It goes all ove the state of Arizona.. Hope you can come and go threw the seed box...

If I am ever near Tempe I'll let you know for sure I'm just so far from there and rarely go by Tempe I live and work in queen creek

Welcome to Backyard chickens. DO join your state thread. They can tell you what breeds handle the heat best, what type of coops they use, how to keep the birds cooler , etc.

Some folks use fairly open coops, two or three sides made of wire so heat doesn't build up inside. Others have entirely wire coops with wire roof. Mainly they need shade, shade, and more shade, Man made or natural, and probably fans to circulate the air. Moving air feels cooler.

Back
Top Bottom