Blooie's Blankie Fort

Blooie

Team Spina Bifida
9 Years
Feb 25, 2014
Northwestern Wyoming
My Coop
My Coop
Guess I should explain. Not long ago My Pet Chickens held a contest, with the winner to be drawn at random, to win a dozen hatching eggs. They also offered a 10% discount to folks who ordered at that time. So I entered, even knowing I wouldn't win (on accounta the last thing I won was hubby's heart and that was 48 years ago) then I took advantage of the discount and I ordered 9 eggs. Oh, I was sooo excited! I was getting 9 eggs and I was going to hatch for the first time.

Well, as I predicted, I didn't win but that was okay, I had my eggs ordered. Then in a wonderful surprise, the winner @LocalYokel very kindly gifted me with the eggs he won. Whoa! Suddenly I had the 9 eggs I'd ordered coming in and another dozen on top of that. I figured I'd better get that new incubator figured out!

Then there was another contest, and the prize was 3 Svart Hona eggs. That was the Edible Easter contest, where the participants made confections with some kind of Easter Candy in them. I wasn't feeling well at that time, but after I started feeling a little better I jumped in just to say I'd done one. Um, I won. But I was thrilled to be able to pay it forward and do what @LocalYokel had so generously done for me....I gifted the eggs to another participant. After all, no point in being greedy here.

Um, and now it seems my eggs have arrived. The dozen I was gifted became 13, and the 9 I had ordered became 15. Oops. I only have so much room in that incubator! So hubby and I ran to Cody and he bought me another incubator! (Is this how it starts?) I think I broke one egg trying to sneak a peak at air cells, so I'm down to 27 now. Good grief - I hope the rest make it into the incubator.

Folks who won or bought MPC eggs are starting threads to share their hatching journey, which is what this thread is all about. While on the MPC Easter Giveaway thread today, I made the statement that I was so giddy with excitement that if anyone needed me, I'd be in my blankie fort, coloring. Amazing how many folks wanted to come along, bringing brownies, oreos, even popcorn. So the blankie fort was the natural title of this thread.

I'll be splitting these eggs up between two incubators, and welcome your company as I undertake my first foray into hatching. And now, meet the family -

As soon as I'm secure in the performance of the new incubator and the air cells have settled into their right orientation, I'll be setting - probably Wednesday morning. In the meantime, the little chicky there with them is just a reminder.......he needs playmates!

I did start one, hey make sure to leave some oreos and some blank pages for me and don't break the crayons!

I love sharpies, however, after working with them one can often find me with speckles and scribbles of various colors on my face from becoming so focused on what I am doing and then scratching my face with a marker in hand
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom