Constipated Chick???

Just a kid

Songster
7 Years
Mar 7, 2016
A week ago I bought 10 chicks, one died the night that we bought it but the others are still fine. One of my Americauna chicks is having trouble pooping.When she poops she starts peeping and her little butt looks a little swollen and its really red. Is it infected or just irritated? please help!!!!
Just a Kid

She's constipated, and she's peeping because she's in pain, you'll either have to put her down or give her some watermelon (for extra water) and Enfamil is all I can say, I have a constipated chick 2 and may have to put her down
1f622.png

She's constipated, and she's peeping because she's in pain, you'll either have to put her down or give her some watermelon (for extra water) and Enfamil is all I can say, I have a constipated chick 2 and may have to put her down
1f622.png

Encourage her to drink, she may be dehydrated. Check her vent to make sure it's not blocked (pasty butt). You can also give her just a little bit of coconut or olive oil and a tiny bit of molasses in some water. Molasses acts as a laxative. For a few days you may also want to apply some oil to her vent to keep it lubricated and offer wet chick starter.

Hope she gets better.

Encourage her to drink, she may be dehydrated. Check her vent to make sure it's not blocked (pasty butt). You can also give her just a little bit of coconut or olive oil and a tiny bit of molasses in some water. Molasses acts as a laxative. For a few days you may also want to apply some oil to her vent to keep it lubricated and offer wet chick starter.

Hope she gets better.
Thank you, we were about to put oil on her once then she let out a huge poo so we just gave her Enfamil and water, but yes I'll try and do all

Well i hope that works for you! I looked up some information and found out that honey will help with the irritation and swelling.My chick just seemed to grow out of it. One day she just stopped having trouble. I wish all the best of luck to you!!!!

Back
Top Bottom