Temp Question - still air incubator (little giant 9200)

OneTwoThree

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 15, 2016
I have a AcuRite digital temp/humidity thermometer. Temp is 102 humidity 71%. IS THIS TEMP TO HIGH? Day 20 will start in 4 hours and nothing happening yet. They were all good when I candled at lock down. Until day 18 I used the one that came with the incubator. Now I am worried it maybe to hot since changing to digital....
hit.gif
Hope I see a sign of life soon!!

I have a AcuRite digital temp/humidity thermometer. Temp is 102 humidity 71%. IS THIS TEMP TO HIGH? Day 20 will start in 4 hours and nothing happening yet. They were all good when I candled at lock down. Until day 18 I used the one that came with the incubator. Now I am worried it maybe to hot since changing to digital....
hit.gif
Hope I see a sign of life soon!!
If it's accurate, not really. 101-102 is the suggested temps- taken at the tops of the eggs. You can bump it down a degree (or I should say try to). At hatch many people drop a degree so 100-101 would be fine. I use the 9200 and I know how hard it is to make minute changes with that model.

Great!! Thank you for your help. Yes your are right. Trying to take it down a degree or two is a challenge.

Starting to worry....Out of 14 eggs, one started pipping around 4:00am. Little hole and that's it. No progress since and nothing happening with the other eggs :oops:

I have a little giant still air incubator. It's been holding 99.5 as directed. I have read that it should be higher for the still air model is this correct and how will it affect my hatch. Just started lockdown 14 eggs all which were candled. Also now that I removed the turner what temp should it be. I have 2 thermometers both with different temp readings. The digital one reads 99.5 and is located on the metal mesh even with the bottom of the egg. The glass one reads 101 at the top of the egg. Questions is where should I pull the temp reading bottom, middle or top and what is the proper temp. My humility is currently 70%.

Last edited:
Maybe someone else will chime in here, but the one I wound up relying on the most was a meat thermometer poked through the little vent hole, one front, one back- reaches almost the top of the egg. Mine is forced air, but after weeks and 5 thermometers, those were the most trouble-free indicators -- don't trust the built in one!! Humidity-wise, if you have any other devices that measure it, use it as a backup. Sometimes it's not so much the read-out but the CONSISTENCY between devices- one read 90 almost the whole time in one corner. That was fine- if it started to go up, I knew there was a problem (had one of those that you can take the screen anywhere) that needed addressing quickly.

Back
Top Bottom