So sad I dont know what to do

AngelaThomas

Hatching
May 2, 2016
My 14 daughter broke up with her boyfriend (well he kinda forced her too) he seemed very not into her anymore. I know she is young and she is very happy with the break up. However I am sooooo sad I cant believe that he will not be a part of my life. I feel so stupid feeling this way. The history is they started dating in 6th grade which means they have been together for almost 2 1/2 years they did have break ups before and he has always weaseled his way back in especially with me helping. The worse mistake of my life!!!!! He does not come from a good family a lot of emotional abuse just not a steady household. I knew this and if anybody knows me they know I am a caretaker. I did everything for this child took him places, gave him new experiences, made so many memories with him. If my daughter was at practice and he was waiting for her to get off we will go to dinner or just hang out and talk. I love him like my own son!! I need help I am so sad and cried a lot. The break up happened about a week ago. Rumor has it he has been to a partyy already and has done stuff with another girl.MY daughter is doing great with the break up she says she doesnt care this last time breaking up she said she just couldnt get those feelings back. I know it is for the best but it doesnt change the fact that I miss him so much. I would never want my daughter back with him bc I know it is for the best. They are to completely opposites she is motivated and he is not at all. I am trying to get over the fact that he just doesnt care about her or me anymore. I know I have made so many errors and I am to blame LESSON LEARNED, but I cant get over the fact that he is out of my life for good and I will never get to talk to him again. Can you give me any advice on how to move on.

Join a bowling league, go to lunch with women your age, develop some hobbies ... find something you like to do with women your own age. Leave the past in the past ... force yourself to think about other things.

Sounds to me like you enjoyed being needed. Volunteer work will fill that need in a healthy way. Your involvement in this situation was not a healthy thing for your daughter. Let it go, and find a way of meeting the needs of others in a way that does not cause so much turmoil.

My 14 daughter broke up with her boyfriend (well he kinda forced her too) he seemed very not into her anymore. I know she is young and she is very happy with the break up. However I am sooooo sad I cant believe that he will not be a part of my life. I feel so stupid feeling this way. The history is they started dating in 6th grade which means they have been together for almost 2 1/2 years they did have break ups before and he has always weaseled his way back in especially with me helping. The worse mistake of my life!!!!! He does not come from a good family a lot of emotional abuse just not a steady household. I knew this and if anybody knows me they know I am a caretaker. I did everything for this child took him places, gave him new experiences, made so many memories with him. If my daughter was at practice and he was waiting for her to get off we will go to dinner or just hang out and talk. I love him like my own son!! I need help I am so sad and cried a lot. The break up happened about a week ago. Rumor has it he has been to a partyy already and has done stuff with another girl.MY daughter is doing great with the break up she says she doesnt care this last time breaking up she said she just couldnt get those feelings back. I know it is for the best but it doesnt change the fact that I miss him so much. I would never want my daughter back with him bc I know it is for the best. They are to completely opposites she is motivated and he is not at all. I am trying to get over the fact that he just doesnt care about her or me anymore. I know I have made so many errors and I am to blame LESSON LEARNED, but I cant get over the fact that he is out of my life for good and I will never get to talk to him again. Can you give me any advice on how to move on.
Hi angela😊 I know it’s been a few years and you probably won’t even see this; but if you do...oh man I get it!! Those two responses about bowling and being needed- sorry but they must not be moms to teens in relationships with wonderful special people. I hear ya loud and clear! If you see this reply back. I’d love to talk.

Back
Top Bottom