Lame ducks

duckstogoaround

In the Brooder
Dec 27, 2015
Orangevale, California
Hi all!
We recently discovered our muscvoy hens weren't drakes but were lame ducks. As first time duck owners it annoys me that someone would sell ducks with this disorder. I'm just wondering how do you identify lame ducks? The duck expert that diagnosed them said they were "lesbio" .

Thanks so much!!!
hugs.gif

What is wrong with them? Forgive me, I'm not sure what problem you're referring to when calling them lame ducks. Edit: after looking at your pictures, I am fairly sure you have two drakes. Let me post your pictures here and see if I can get some muscovy experts to weigh in. I also saw that you said they were pinning each other down. Not unusual if they're both drakes. They'll do that if they have no females to mate with. I originally just had two pet drakes and they did that all the time. I am still curious what you mean when you say they are lame ducks though because I have never heard of such a thing. Never heard of "lesbio" either. The pictures:

Last edited:
I'm sorry, what?

Were they sold has hens, or drakes? You call them both in the first sentence.

The only meanings I know of the term "lame duck" has to do with politics or a physical ailment of the legs.

What is lesbio?

When you say lame ducks do you mean they can't walk?  

No, what I'm gathering from their posting history is that they've been trying to determine whether these birds are male or female for the last almost month and a half and haven't gotten a solid answer, and now someone has told them instead of drakes they are "lame ducks" and "lesbio", whatever those terms mean. I don't think it has anything to do with walking.

I'm not an expert but from the mask on the faces you have two male ducks that are mating because you have no females.

lame′ duck′

n.
1. an elected official or group continuing in office in the period between an election defeat and a successor's assumption of office.
2. a president who is completing a term of office and chooses not to run or is ineligible to run for reelection.
3. anyone or anything soon to be supplanted by another.
4. a person or thing that is disabled, ineffective, or inefficient

Urban Dictionary: Lesbio

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Lesbio
Urban Dictionary
A lesbio is the closest thing a female can come to a man without having a penis:eek:
Well that's weird. I have no idea why a 'duck expert' would tell the OP that their drakes are...I guess very masculine females? Why would they even think that as opposed to them just being drakes? I'm guessing that the 'expert' is self-proclaimed and not really a duck expert at all.

Hi all!
We recently discovered our muscvoy hens weren't drakes but were lame ducks. As first time duck owners it annoys me that someone would sell ducks with this disorder. I'm just wondering how do you identify lame ducks? The duck expert that diagnosed them said they were "lesbio" .

Thanks so much!!!
hugs.gif
What is wrong with them? Forgive me, I'm not sure what problem you're referring to when calling them lame ducks.

Edit: after looking at your pictures, I am fairly sure you have two drakes. Let me post your pictures here and see if I can get some muscovy experts to weigh in. I also saw that you said they were pinning each other down. Not unusual if they're both drakes. They'll do that if they have no females to mate with. I originally just had two pet drakes and they did that all the time.

I am still curious what you mean when you say they are lame ducks though because I have never heard of such a thing. Never heard of "lesbio" either.

The pictures:

Ok, now that I've looked both words up I'd say we might should define "duck expert"... Who told you this?

Back
Top Bottom