Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win!

Pics

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
Winners announced here!
pencil.jpg

This contest is brought to you by our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)

Short Version: Write a great article and you could win a great prize & have your article featured on the homepage of BYC!

Detailed Version:

We are constantly amazed at how knowledgeable and helpful our community members are! The BYC forum provides a wonderful opportunity for members to post questions and reply with answers. Unfortunately a lot of really amazing information can get lost in the super activity on the forum.

Over the years we’ve received a ton of requests to add more articles & FAQ’s to our Learning Center. Our BYC Coop Page Contests have been super successful and now we have over 900 chicken coop pages in our Coop Designs section! Hopefully we can have similar success with this BYC Article Contest!!

The Process:

1. You write an article (or two)
  2. Once we have at least 40 article submissions we’ll set an end date for the contest (at least 1 week notice)
  3. We’ll judge the articles & pick winners
  4. The first 2 best articles will get a $50 BYC Gift Certificate & have their articles “Featured” on the homepage of BYC for at least 1 week each
  5. The next 3 best articles will get a $30 BYC Gift Certificate & have their articles “Featured” on the homepage of BYC for at least 3 days each
  6. The next 5 best articles will get a FREE 6 month GFM for themselves or a friend

So, if we get 40 submissions, you have a 1 in 4 chance of winning!!!

How To Enter:

1. Pick a chicken related topic. We suggest writing an article that is not already covered in our Learning Center, but is a topic that would be a good addition to one of the sections in the Learning Center.
  2. See here for article/member page/coop page writing tutorial: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/953810/coop-pages-and-member-pages-tutorial-and-feedback/0_30
  3. Create a well worded & detailed title. Example: “How To Raise & Process Chickens for Meat - Tips & Pictures” is much better than: “Meat Chickens
  4. Write a unique high quality article with around 750 words (more is fine as long as it is good / helpful info). It must have at least one picture relative to the subject. Bonus points if you add more pics (pictures are usually worth 1,000 words, but in this contest they are worth about 10 - 50
    wink.png
    )
  5. Post a reply to this thread with a link to your completed article(s) - A maximum of THREE article submissions per member will be allowed.

Rules:

1. All articles must be posted in the Member Pages section
  2. All articles must be written by you and must be unique (do not copy from other sources)
  3. Sorry, articles and pages submitted to our previous contests will not count for this contest.
  4. All articles must contain accurate information, and must be a minimum of 500 words (shoot for 750+), and should contain pictures relative to the subject matter
  5. Please spell check your article(s)
  6. BYC retains full license of articles submitted
  7. At least 40 articles need to be submitted before the contest ends
  8. Contest is void where prohibited
    smile.png

Here are some great examples of existing BYC articles:

We look forward to your submissions!!

(Wait, you’re not the writing type? If you have an idea for an article that you’d like to see someone write, please reply with a an idea for a title and a quick description of what you’d like to see contained in the article.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure I can write anything professional, but I am knowledgeable, I'd love to have some topic ideas if anyone could post some. :)

Does anyone have any ideas for us? I thought of one, this is what I'm knowledgeable in, but I'm not sure what other people will think.
"Starting off your backyard chicken flock. Using the right stuff for success." I'm not sure what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom