Struggling to Get Chicken Permit Approved

Bets1584

Hatching
May 3, 2016
Hello,
Today I received my second letter of denial from the City of Maplewood to house backyard chickens. I applied last year and was denied and re-applied last week and was also denied. I understand that I need 100% approval from the 4 neighbors that are adjacent to my property and had verbal ok's from 3 out of the 4. The 4th neighbor actually lives on a completely different street and I cannot even see their house, but need their approval because a corner of their property touches a corner of my property...anyways I wrote them a letter to explain my intentions. I do not know who denied us or their reasons, but am feeling defeated because backyard chickens is something I really want and have worked hard to follow the process and learn how to raise them. My question is has anyone been in a situation similar and have any suggestions on next steps. I do not want to give up and wish the rules were 80% approval and not 100%.

like the comment above

you got 3 out of 4 already so don't give up.

sometimes it's who you know is all it will take. Any of the neighbors you know that good friends to the one across the street by any chance?

use any connection you have or known of

Back
Top Bottom