What kind of duck is this??

Flobbles

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2016
I saw this duck at the animal shelter and adopted it. The shelter didn't include breed information and I could not track the original seller. I looked at some breeds as ducklings and thought they all looked the same. I AM NO DUCKLING BREED EXPERT!
(obviously)

pictures of duck in shelter

has been in shelter for 2 months D:

Yes. A lot actually. After he swims. Or eats. Or sometimes randomly. He stands tall and flaps his tiny little wings.

My duck stands tall and flaps its tiny wings and runs around a lot. Will my duck ever fly if its part runner? Will my duck make a nest?

It sure is a cutie and I'm glad you rescued him or her. Runners cannot fly. Maybe a little hop and skip and that's about it. If it's a girl she will lay eggs and make a nest. Around 5 months old they start laying eggs. Are you feeding her nonmedicated chick starter? If she eats anything besides the starter she will also need grit. Good luck with your little one and you might think about getting another duck because they are happier with another flock member. You would have to get a duck about the same age and size of her.

Back
Top Bottom