please helpp!

Lindsayrm

In the Brooder
May 4, 2016
this my chickens foot. Her toes are stiff and and she cannot move them(foot look dark because I have sprayed it with blukote) I've been soaking her foot and trying to help help her but im not sure what to do I first thought it was bumble foot but I was afraid to do surgery and now I don't know exactly what it is. Someone please help me!!

Thank you! And she's about a year old I tried scrubbing off the blukote to see if it was colored different but it didn't come off

Has it been cold where you live in the past month or so? That looks either like possible frostbite to the toes, or something has gotten wrapped around the foot, such as a plastic band, a string, or a hair, cutting off circulation. Examine the foot, and if you can identify something wrapped around the leg, remove it with scissors, pliers, snips, etc.

Has it been cold where you live in the past month or so? That looks either like possible frostbite to the toes, or something has gotten wrapped around the foot, such as a plastic band, a string, or a hair, cutting off circulation. Examine the foot, and if you can identify something wrapped around the leg, remove it with scissors, pliers, snips, etc.

they sprayed with blukote

She also has vent gleet (poor thing) that I've been treating and it's been getting better could that possible have anything to do with what's going on with her foot maybe?

She also has vent gleet (poor thing) that I've been treating and it's been getting better could that possible have anything to do with what's going on with her foot maybe?

I doubt that vent gleet would have caused this. If her foot was frostbitten, it will probably come off near the light skin area. Is there a vet who could see her? I would use some betadine on her foot and ankle after soaking the foot in epsom salts warm water.

Back
Top Bottom