When should I see development in my Guinea Eggs?

Danno B

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2016
I'm 13 days in on 12 Guinea eggs. I candled on day 11, but didn't see much going on. I did see some air cells developing in several of the eggs, and the yolk floating around, but being Guinea's they are harder to candle. When should I see something starting to happen in there? I'm using a still air incubator kept @ 101 with 50-55% humidity. Any suggestions or comments would be very much appreciated. This is my first Guinea attempt.

Hello! You should be able to see stuff going on in there now. I just candled some of mine on day five and I was able to make out little embryos in some of them. That said, they are harder to candle than other eggs, so I wouldn't necessarily give up on them if you're not seeing anything.

Thank you. I'll try again this evening. I ordered them off-line, so hoping at least some of them are good. They were decently packed. Thanks again. I'll update if/when I see something.

They have thick/dark shells but if you have a powerful touch you should be seeing development around 7 days and by the 14th day you should start to see which ones dont have embyos but if ensure leave until day 21+ to be sure there isnt a keet in the egg.

Thanks so much. I think all of these are duds. None of them were fertile. I contacted the seller, and apparently I'm not the first to say this. She is shipping me more eggs. Thank you for your reply!

Got the new ones in. Let them rest overnight and now have them in the incubator. Will let you know how these go.
Dan

Got the new ones in. Let them rest overnight and now have them in the incubator. Will let you know how these go.
Dan

Well, now we're hatching shipped guinea eggs together :) I just put some in today too. Although I think the seller sent me the wrong colors and they haven't responded to my message about it :/

I've also switched to an LED so we'll see. The last eggs remained clear except for the yolk. They didn't even start. I ended up making a candling box that works very well. Thank you for your comment!
Dan

Back
Top Bottom