Newbie with questions. HELP! Chart and video included.

gbartha

Chirping
Apr 21, 2016
This is my 2nd attempt at setting eggs. The first time the incubator temperature failed and my coworker added too much water. Poor chicks died day 18. Now I am on day 7 of a new set. Below is my weight chart. Chick number 12 has a very very small air cell and has hardly lost weight. Some of the others are close to where they need to be. I am not sure of the breeds. The first three are pinky shells, the 4th is a green colored shell, and the last three are brown with the last being the darkest brown.

Below is my chart.

Egg 1-3 are a light brown pinky color,
Egg 4 (number 7) is light green
Egg 5-7 (8,10,12) are brown

I have a Brinsea Mini Advanced. I am currently running it dry to catch up on weight loss.
Also one of the eggs has a saddle shaped aircell. None of these eggs were shipped.

All chicks are doing great and I have a video of one moving (all are moving from what I saw) DAY 7.

0.jpg

Is the egg that is loosing the least amount of weight going to make it? What about the saddle shapped aircell egg?

He/She is probably going to make it. Be patient bc I can't tell you that it will hatch or won't, you just have to wait. Chicks can be the most unpredictable thing to hatch(in the egg or out). They could be perfectly growing and the next thing you know they could be dead the next day. :( it's sad , I know bc I had a perfectly growing egg and when it was time to hatch, it didn't and it never did. All the others grew up nicely though and what looked like the weakest egg was the 1st to hatch and it was a very healthy chick. :)

Thanks! Here are the updated weights after running dry over night (and only a cap of water the day before).

That last egg is being a real slacker. We shall see.

Day 14. Movement in all of the eggs and the aircell is getting bigger, except for egg #12. I have run the incubator dry for 2 days now.

Day 16... 5 days left! Chicks look great but not all the weights do. Updated weight chart. Still running dry for 4 days now. We are in a heatwave and so humidity has been 50% outside the incubator and in the 30s inside the bator. We are putting in AC today so that may change things slightly.

Back
Top Bottom