Unwell quail

danita1

Hatching
May 21, 2016
Hi,
I'm quite new to quail keeping and am hoping for some advice. I've read through lots of the other threads to try and get some help and advice.
I have 5 Japanese quail, 4 female 1male. Today I notice one of the females is lethargic, fluffed up, sitting in the corner mostly sleeping, she also feels lighter compared to the others. I've separated her from the rest who all seem to be fine. I've encouraged her to have food and water and she has taken a little bit but then dozes off again.
Since separating her I can see that her poop is white and runny. I've checked if she's egg bound and can't feel anything (but then I'm not experienced in this). I was wondering if it's possibly cocci, even though the others seem fine? Problem is I'm having problems finding a poultry vets (it's a Saturday and there are none open in the area) but have read to treat with corid/ amprolium but am unable it source it anywhere. Countrywide have told me it's a vets only prescription, the vets I have phoned that are open say they've never heard of it!!! So far the only advice I've been given from a quail breeder is to put a little bit of milk in her water which I've done.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom