Spot on comb and dark stuff at top of beak

Staley

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 7, 2014
What is this and what can we do for him? This is one of my daughter's sebrights and the others don't have it. My buff orpington roo looks like he has a tiny dark spot on his comb but it is tiny and flat - barely noticable.

Darn, the picture didn't attach when I was using my phone. I'm trying again. From reading I am guessing avian pox but the crusty looking stuff on his beak seems weird.

I know no one tesponded but I'm updating in case anyone looks at this later. Today this bird looks fine. I don't see symptoms in any of the others so maybe it wasn't pox.

Sorry that nobody responded, and Imm glad that no one else has this. It looks to me like a peck mark and dried blood. The beak could be normal coloring.

Well, he is kind of fiesty so that wouldn't surprise me. Thank you for responding.

My hen once had fowl pox and it looked a bit like that but it could just be dried blood if it is fowl pox give ur hen some garlic water as that usually helps and hopefully it will clear up. Here is a photo of my hen when she had fowl pox

Back
Top Bottom