Partridge Brahma 6 weeks chest Bare

msbenton1112

Chirping
5 Years
May 13, 2016
Upstate NY
My partridge Brahma is 6 weeks old her chest is bare an some bare spots through out like near butt. I thought she was just slow to feather. Should I be concerned?

Being that slow to feather I'd start to wonder if it's a she. By 6 weeks the feather color will let you know sex with penciled birds.

I have two of them. The bigger one looks to have a black neck, chest and dark feet feathers. The smaller ones neck feathers and feet feathers are a lighter color.

Is the larger one the bare chested? That would make sense to me and suspect it cockerel. My Silver Penciled cockerels are getting black at 5 weeks of age, the pullets in this line are showing penciling at 3 weeks.

Brahma are slower to mature but your gold penciled will follow this basic trend. Males turning brown, slower to feather and pullets showing signs of penciling- gold penciling being lighter color than brown of males.

Upload the picture at bottom of page in profile. Once done there come back to post and use the landscape icon top left of where you type the post.

Back
Top Bottom