John / Kathleen Parents of a New Flock

JPJewell

In the Brooder
May 28, 2016
Hi All... we're excited to be a part of this community and to be the parents of a new flock in Monroe, WI where they just passed an ordinance allowing BYCs! As far as I know we have the first little flock in Monroe. Here's a pic taken just as we got them home. (We're a bit concerned now, as I've posted in the Chicken Behavior's forums) It's a mixed breed little flock with Buff Orpington (in the back) then left to right, an Easter Egger, Silver Laced Wyandotte and Speckled Sussex.
Cheers,
John

:woot

What lovely birds. :love

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Congratulations on your new birds :clap I just popped and checked your other post out. They are likely staying in because of the move and everything being new to them. I'm sure once they have settled they will become more confident and start venturing out. You have some lovely breeds there and I love colours of them in your pic.

Wishing you the very best of luck with them in the future. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hi All... we're excited to be a part of this community and to be the parents of a new flock in Monroe, WI where they just passed an ordinance allowing BYCs! As far as I know we have the first little flock in Monroe. Here's a pic taken just as we got them home. (We're a bit concerned now, as I've posted in the Chicken Behavior's forums) It's a mixed breed little flock with Buff Orpington (in the back) then left to right, an Easter Egger, Silver Laced Wyandotte and Speckled Sussex. Cheers, John
Hi and :welcome I am glad you could join us I am glad you got your first flock of chickens. They will come out when they get to relise that is there new home being a new surrounding. Just watch though chickens are tempting you just always want to have more. Feel free to make you self at home and ask as many questions as needed.

Hi John and welcome to our community. Congrats on your new flock - they look great.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you.

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom