Incubator homemade

Robert C R

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2016
Jacksonville Florida
Since i posted a picture of my homemade incubator a lot of people have messaged me as to how i did it. I will give you a step by step way of making your own.

1.) things you will need. You will need a styrofoam cooler with a lid, an electric water heater thermostat. I used the rheem one as it is best at keeping the closest temperature. A wire clothes hanger a 40 watt lightbulb a cpu fan, a cheap extension cord some plastic plates 4" in diameter can be bought at dollar store as well as plastic picture frames, an old cellphone charger, metal tape, lightbulb adapter. Utility knife. Wire cutters. Electric tape

2.) measure the opening you wish to make on the top of the lid. I did 6" x 3" and cut the cooler lid and the plastic frames to fit. I used metal tape from a hardware store to secure them.

3.) do the same thing with the plates. I forgot to mention above to cut the cooler 1/4" smaller than the frame so it has a place to rest and seal properly. Do the same with the plates. Seal them with the same tape. Do inside and out for double insulation on top and side.

4.) take your extension cord, cut 1 wire. This is important. It can only be one wire. Wire the top porting of the cord to the top of the thermostat. Wire the bottom portion to the outlet on the thermostat.

5.) take your bulb adaptor and plug it into the extension cord and place bulb into adapter.

6.) wire the country fan and the thermostat about 6" apart with the clothes hanger. You will need to cut the hanger to fit. Twist the hanger around the thermostat and the cpu.

7.) tape the extension cord and bulb directly above the fan. This gives you a forced air stimulator.

8.) I used some 1/4 inch hardware cloth to form a nest of sorts for the eggs. This raises them off the bottom to distribute heat evenly and gives the babes a place to walk, also provides safety from the electrical components.

I will post pictures momentarily

The thermometer and hygrometer costs 5$ at Walmart. Forgot to mention that part. The eggs need turned still I turn them every 8 hours. please feel free to ask any questions. I don't mind and I answer as promptly as I can. Good luck! Happy Hatching!

Back
Top Bottom