What Do You Drive ?

BruceAZ

Songster
May 18, 2016
Valley of the Sun :)
0.jpg

i have a 1997 corolla still going strong-- had to replace interior door handles, engine mounts,brakes, etc.. but it's a quality car

plus the registration only $40 for 2 years! can't beat that

newer cars for some nice features.. so maybe it's time to upgrade..

what do the fellow owners of backyard chicken drive ?

I don't drive yet, but once drove my gram's two vintage cars in our big yard. Chevy and a Ford.
When I do take my test in September, I'll take it in a Buick Skylark because it's our only car that fits in the practice parallel park space.
Later I'll drive an avalanche and a Yukon. I prefer trucks to cars... but I do like vintage cars...

1997 Chevy Suburban 4x (18mpg hwy 12 city), almost 200k and going strong. Got rid of my brand new 2008 truck when the registration here is CA was $700 for 1 year!
ep.gif

Also have a 2003 Buick Le Sabre (25mpg hwy).

I love driving new cars. We used to buy new almost every year. Now I love driving reliable and paid for!
yesss.gif
And registrations are $80 & $97. It goes according to how much you paid for the vehicle.

I would have to save an AWFUL LOT of gas to make up for purchase price/ registration on a new car. In my calculations, I may never realize enough gas savings to make a difference on that front.

I do plan on getting something newer in a couple of years. I want to/will get a 3/4 ton, Chevy, crew cab, long bed, 4x4 (maybe with a 454) and not dually. Yes, I am a Chevy girl (used to have a 2001 Corvette zo6), and I like trucks because they are so useful. Safety is a bonus, it's not usually the trucks that are crunched in crashes.

I also got my motorcycle license, but haven't pursued that at all. Too many distracted drivers.

This time of year my daily driver is a 2015 Chevrolet SS sometimes called the Sports Sedan, Looks like a cross between an Impala and a Malibu but mechanically is much more like a Camaro. Is 4door with about the same interior room as the current Impala so serves as a legitimate family car, but has adjustable firmness suspension for handling, rear wheel drive and415hp 6.2l engine under the hood for motivation. I drove cheap cars a lot of years when I didn't have to before buying this present for myself.
The other vehicle is a 2005 Sierra Crewcab, rusty, seen better days, but serves it's purpose for Menards trips and snowy weather I don't need the 4wd but try finding a decently equipped 2wd truck in Wisconsin used.

My wife went from a 2003 Impala with 235K miles to a 2014 Impala, the 2003 was an awesome car to own, cheapest vehicle per mile I have ever owned by far, hopefully the 2014 treats us nearly as well.

When I need to move something, 99 Ford F-350 7.3l Diesel. Lifted on 37" tires. It will drag your house down the street if the chains hold and there is enough traction.

Daily 2006 VW Jetta. I don't fit in most cars so that narrowed the list a good bit when shopping.

For fun 1981 yamaha xj650. Though I don't ride it as much as I used to.

Back
Top Bottom