Question about selling duck eggs in TX

dizziedee214

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2016
Hi everyone. I have ducks and I would like to sell their eggs once they start laying. I am unable to find information regarding the regulations for duck eggs. Everything I am finding is for chicken eggs only. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks+

Yes, I asked and never got a response, sadly. Chicken eggs are clearly regated but not waterfowl and they do make a distinction here. So I seem to be getting nowhere. I called every government agency in the state of texas and they all send me to another agency and round and round it goes.

Last edited:
Yes, I asked and never got a response, sadly. Chicken eggs are clearly regated but not waterfowl and they do make a distinction here. So I seem to be getting nowhere. I called every government agency in the state of texas and they all send me to another agency and round and round it goes.
Try Texas A&M .I have had good luck in getting help from them on garden issues. Never tried with ducks but check their website it is huge and full of all kinds of info.

I want to sell my duck eggs in Texas and cannot seem to find any information either. These posts are from a few years ago so wondering if anyone has received any more info?

I still think A&M and the ag extension office is your best bet. Whatever county you live in should have an ag extension office. I'm in TX but I don't sell eggs. I'm not sure there are any regs. People here just sell them. you might try the state thread.

Back
Top Bottom