Conturnix Quail won't lay

kjoseph93

Hatching
Jun 22, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and new to raising quail. Almost three weeks ago I purchased eleven adult quail that were color sexed, two males and nine females. I keep them i a rabbit hutch that is about nine square feet and they have constant access to water and purina gamebird chow. I figured it would take some time for them to adjust and they have become a little less skittish of me, but still no eggs. Does anyone have any idea whats wrong? I also do not see them trying to mate one another. I have seen no signs of aggression between the birds.

Thank you for the help!

Every time you move the quail they stop laying for 2 to 3 weeks and then stress adds on top of that so move the quail hutch while there not laying eggs move the hutch to a place were it is out of the way and put hay down in the summer straw in the winter and leave the hutch there. The quail will also kill the grass and then the dead grass will make them dirty and give them grass stains so put the hay down its a must if you have white quail like me. Trust me I had the same problem and that's how I solved it

Last edited:
Coturnix quail require fourteen hours of daylight per day in order to produce eggs, they may also stop laying if they're stressed out.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom