PLEASE HELP!!! duck egg candling pics-- can't tell whats going on

torrie24

Hatching
Jun 26, 2016
So at work there were always two ducks (male and female) that just hung around. So on Thursday, (june 23rd) the female duck randomly had an egg on the pool deck concrete out in the open not even near any nest. Then she just left. Like did not come back before my shift was over and I didn't have the heart to throw the egg out so I decided to take it and incubate it. So Ive been candling the egg twice a day since I got it just to see if theres anything actually happening. And yesterday (June 25th) I noticed the egg has changed but the egg is hard to see clearly into for some reason so I have no clue what it means. These are pictures from candling today (the 26th) and I have no clue if this means the baby duck is alive in there or not, or if it is too early to tell still. Please let me know if theres any way to tell yet because I have been googling and googling over and over again trying to find some answers but I can never find reassuring answers.

As you can see there a little dark dot in the middle and then a shadowy ring around the dot and then another ring around that. I'm also using a phone to candle this egg because my flashlights aren't even bright enough.

please help, any information will be so helpful because I have never done anything like this before.

I only candle mine 2 times during the whole incubation process one at day 9 the other one at day 18-20.

So at work there were always two ducks (male and female) that just hung around. So on Thursday, (june 23rd) the female duck randomly had an egg on the pool deck concrete out in the open not even near any nest. Then she just left. Like did not come back before my shift was over and I didn't have the heart to throw the egg out so I decided to take it and incubate it. So Ive been candling the egg twice a day since I got it just to see if theres anything actually happening. And yesterday (June 25th) I noticed the egg has changed but the egg is hard to see clearly into for some reason so I have no clue what it means. These are pictures from candling today (the 26th) and I have no clue if this means the baby duck is alive in there or not, or if it is too early to tell still. Please let me know if theres any way to tell yet because I have been googling and googling over and over again trying to find some answers but I can never find reassuring answers.

As you can see there a little dark dot in the middle and then a shadowy ring around the dot and then another ring around that. I'm also using a phone to candle this egg because my flashlights aren't even bright enough.

please help, any information will be so helpful because I have never done anything like this before.
Did it ever hatch?

Back
Top Bottom