VHD / RHD

animaljamlol28

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2016
My 1 out of 55 breeding rabbits has VHD.
His name is Henderson and he is 2 years old.
Any cures? I don't want death in my rabbitry.

I just googled VHD. I suggest you do the same. There is quite a bit of information to be found there. Not much of it is good news. If I were you I would put your infected rabbit down and dispose of the body in a sanitary manner. From what I was able to find, he is putting the rest of your rabbits at risk.

How do you know he has VHD Animal? I have to agree with Cassie from what I've read that if it's confirmed or even suspected and I had 55 breeders, I would cull him immediately and google how to effectively clean his cage. If you're not careful, all of your rabbits will be gone in short order. :(

I have been wondering that too. How do you know he has VHD? Was the rabbit tested or are you just guessing?

He has symptoms and I saw a vet that lived 2 hours away , an expert on VHD. should I go back to ask questions?

He has symptoms and I saw a vet that lived 2 hours away , an expert on VHD. should I go back to ask questions?
I would certainly at least call the vet. If your rabbit does indeed have VHD you have a big problem and if it does it seems to me you should be seeing some of them by now. Were any blood tests done?

apparently there is a medical injection which you can import from france. i dont have enough time left though. there HAS been blood

Back
Top Bottom