Personalities and broody behaviors

Dottie Ferrell

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 16, 2016
I am fairly new to chickens, after having everything from mules, horses, dogs, cats, fish, wild animals of all kinds in Montana, but I am learning a lot about chickens now. I love this site. Do BO's go into Broody behavior more than other breeds? I have two and they seem to go into that behavior every couple months. I've learned to cage them for 2-3 days but let them out into the yard during the day (no access to nesting boxes) which pulls them out, but my RI Red and Dominique have not gone Broody once. I actually took my first Broody girl to the vet because I thought she was sick...now I feel foolish!! As I said, I am learning. They get mostly layer feed but have access to bugs worms compost pile and back yard a few hours every day. They are spoiled rotten. Thank all of you Chicken People for your posts, as I learn more here than the books from the library. These eggs are the brightest orange/yellow and so good!!

You have quite a selection of feathered friends there. We would have more except in the city, we are limited as to how many we can have.
Love the names you gave your foul.
Ours are Rosie (RIR), Beatrice (Dominique) and the Buffs are Pete and Repeat for obvious reasons....we paint red on Pete so we can tell the difference quickly. Thanks for your reply.

Back
Top Bottom