swimming?

gemma24

Chirping
Apr 4, 2016
CA
teach my chicken to swim, we live by a pond...I have gotten him to like water...
tongue.png

I would disagree. Chickens can swim! :) Or rather, float happily along. :D Just like ducks, minus the paddling ability. I've seen it with my own chickens. It's the getting-them-to-like it that's difficult . . . :he . . . ;) I think it's great for really hot days when they need to cool down.

Thats so cool. My hens hate water. They were so dirty after our muddy winter and so i wanted to give them a bath. They hated it. One of my Ameraucanas likes to walk through my creek. Maybe i could teach her to swim...

Lol. :D Storey's guide to raising chickens says they should get used to a nice, warm bubble bath eventually. My hens swim, but only for a few moments . . . Then they freak out! :barnieI think they're getting used to it though. My Rhode island red is doing a lot better than the Buff Orpington. I'm pretty sure it's because she's more docile. Eh, go figure. :confused:

Lol. I had a chicken with a lot of poop on her feathers and she had vent gleet and so i gave her a warm epsom salt bath and she relaxed so much that she almost sat down in the water and fell asleep!

Back
Top Bottom