Hello and please help!

tattooedfarmer

Hatching
Jun 29, 2016
Hello folks Canadian guy here. EH! After a tragic accident I have 6 mallard eggs in my homemade incubator. When candled a week ago everyone seemed fine and healthy. But as of yesterday I've noticed a rather dark spot on one of the eggs?!?! Anyone able to tell me if its good or bad? Temps are around 28-30 celcius and humidity is 75-85%. Thank you in advance truly love this site!!!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm afraid your temps are very low, you need to be aiming for at least 37.5C if your incubator has a fan and at least 38.3 for an incubator without a fan measured at the top of the eggs. Has your incubator been running at the is temp for over a week? The humidity is also high even for duck eggs I'm afraid. Can you see movement in the eggs?

I see you have posted in the incubating section, I'm sure members will be able to offer you more advice there too.

Thank you for your reply!! I'm determined to save at least one duckling but hard to say. This is my first time hatching anything so who knows for sure what the future has for these guys.

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Best of luck with your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom