Rare Blue Fawn Rouens

Pics

Welshies

Crowing
May 8, 2016
Alberta, Canada
I have a breeding pair of two blue fawn Rouens, they are not crosses, I just found that out. Does anyone have any experience with Blue Fawns and the faults they have? Going to try and breed some blue fawn Rouens...

Do you have pictures? If they are truly blue fawn then you should get regular, blue fawn, and pastel rouens from this cross.

Do you know what their parents were or looked like?

Do you have pictures? If they are truly blue fawn then you should get regular, blue fawn, and pastel rouens from this cross.

Do you know what their parents were or looked like?

The parents were normal gray Rouens. The lady had a Saxony hen, (died before the ducklings hatched, so definitely not hers) and a Runner hen, but they don't stand upright so I don't think they are a cross.
A picture of the male (first picture he was startled, thus the more upright pose) They usually stand about 10-30 degrees above horizontal like a normal Rouen.

They are 11 weeks.

Last edited:
All I see is the duckling down that is grey and being replaced by feathers. The top looks like a Runner cross.

The posted is a runner cross. I do not see the Blue fawn in that duckling.

It is not a Runner! I clearly stated that he is startled. He stands exactly like a normal Rouen and the grey down is being replaced by Blue Fawn feathers and markings, just like a Blue Fawn Call Duck. As ducklings they were coloured exactly like normal Rouens, but gray.

Now I see the colour..Cute. Yes, breed those birds.
Sorry to question you..First pictures were not that good. I see the Blue now though.

Yes sorry. Had to upload more, the firsts weren't good. But in the second pictures you can see the rosy breast. They're beautiful birds and I'm very excited for when they hatch their first ducklings! :love

Yes sorry. Had to upload more, the firsts weren't good. But in the second pictures you can see the rosy breast. They're beautiful birds and I'm very excited for when they hatch their first ducklings!
love.gif
Yes...Very neat. I would love to see the Ducklings you get. Congrats.

Could very well be a saxony cross. If runner X, what color was the runner hen? There may be all sorts of hidden recessive genes, and you will end up with a hodge-Podge of colors and patterns.

Back
Top Bottom