Guinea Fowl or Goose?

CoalLucker

Chirping
Jul 18, 2016
Indiana
I was planning on getting a bird to protect my flock from predators and other things that may wander into my yard that could potentially harm them. Through my research I've found that some people use Guinea Fowl to protect their flock and some people use Geese. They both have their benefits and their problems but I was wondering what everyone else has done, or what they recommend. Any answer helps, thank you!

I was planning on getting a bird to protect my flock from predators and other things that may wander into my yard that could potentially harm them. Through my research I've found that some people use Guinea Fowl to protect their flock and some people use Geese. They both have their benefits and their problems but I was wondering what everyone else has done, or what they recommend. Any answer helps, thank you!
I would reccomend an LGD before a goose or guinea...
My guineas were horrible if anything they scared my chickens more then anything, and I was going to try geese, but I had a neighbor who had some geese kill a lot of their layers...

Have you considered turkeys? Our turkeys alert to predators in the sky long before the chickens do. And when Hawks land on our fence, the turkeys advance towards them and make them fly away.

Back
Top Bottom