Best incubator

cowgirlfarmer

Hatching
Jul 6, 2016
Hi, I am just starting my breeding program and need to get an incubator. What is the best incubator to get? I do not mind spending the money. Thank you!

I guess it depends on the capacity your are going for. Brinsea seems to have a good reputation, but so do others. Maybe typing "best incubators" in the search box will yield a few threads for you to read through.

Ct

We have a pretty good business going right now. So I will be wanting to hatch a lot at a time. I have heard good things about Dickeys and gqf sportsman. Just wanting to get people's opinions. Thanks!

I would preface this by saying that if you are going to buy a cabinet incubator, you are probably going to want a separate hatcher.

We wanted to hatch every week and the lower end cabinet incubators were the only way to go.

We have a Dickey incubator and have never gone wrong. Hatches are always 90%+ and it is definitely a "set it and forget it" incubator. GQF makes a comparable that lots of people like, but I couldn't wrap my brain around the zero customer service if you need anything. Mr. Dickey will hold your hand through the process if you ask and they answer the phone almost 24/7. And the $100 less made a Dickey even more desirable.

After hatching in the single tray on ours, I ordered a "replacement set" of electronics and built a full fledged hatcher for about $250, modeling the Dickey just with wooden trays instead of metal with no egg turners obviously. This has made the hatching processing infinitely easier since the incubator isn't clogged up with dander every week. I'm an electronic guy so just skipped the wafer t-stats.

I have no experience with GQF other than what I've read, and everyone seems to have their firm opinion on using either one. Either way you can't go wrong.

Brinsea makes awesome incubators, but there is no ****** way I'm spending $1K+ on something that I can get for $700, and hatch the same percentage of chicks. They're more automated, but not worth the extra $$ IMHO. When you buy and use yours for a year or so, you'll understand. Build one and you be ****** off at the price tag.

Just my 2c, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom