Passionfruit Leaves??

Leihamarie

Songster
Jul 28, 2016
San Diego
Hi all,

Does anyone know if yellow passionfruit (edible fruit) vine LEAVES are okay for chickens to eat? I've searched and all I've found are vague references or redirected threads that talk about growing grape vines for chooks. The ASPCA safe list of plants for birds include a plant called "Purple Passion". Not sure if it's the same thing as there is no latin name referenced.

My girls just ate a BUNCH of yellow passionfruit leaves and all the strawberry leaves they could get their beaks on.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Does anyone know if yellow passionfruit (edible fruit) vine LEAVES are okay for chickens to eat? I've searched and all I've found are vague references or redirected threads that talk about growing grape vines for chooks. The ASPCA safe list of plants for birds include a plant called "Purple Passion". Not sure if it's the same thing as there is no latin name referenced.

My girls just ate a BUNCH of yellow passionfruit leaves and all the strawberry leaves they could get their beaks on.

Thanks!
I read several articles that said all passion fruit leaves are fine for chickens I was going to plant it for butterflies and put chicken wire around it I'm also going to let some of it trail out for the chickens to eat we have a lot of free-range chickens besides the girls I have in my chicken coop but it's also very medicinal for people as well

So the consensus is that it's safe? I've read they're edible raw or cooked for humans but wanted to confirm for birds as well.

Back
Top Bottom