It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play

Do you think I should stop making such long stories?

• Yep, just stop.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No, I enjoy it.

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters

Garjzla

Crowing
5 Years
Nov 28, 2014
Oregon
Please Read First

A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.

B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.

C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well.

D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way.

E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

It's a Strange World

(Skip to the end of the story for a short, simple summary.)

A fluffy, black bird sat on a wet, slimy rock as rain poured onto the beach. There was a storm coming, and the only thing that was calm about the entire place was this little bird.

Someone off in the distance saw the bird and pointed at it, making two other people pay attention. They ran at the bird and threw a net on top of it.

The bird turned into a cloud of black mist and simply left the net, reforming in the air and flying away. Waves continued beating the rocks and in seconds the place was flooded, consuming the people who seemed to want to capture the bird.

The bird flew for miles, until it reached a dark, gloomy castle. Landing at the entrance, it turned into a woman. She wore a silk black dress, had a black bowler hat with feathers, and her face wore a stern look.
She entered the castle, and the castle wasn't any brighter than the outdoors.
It was made mostly of black marble, and black candles provided the hallways with barely enough light.

Different kinds of birds were perched here and there. Ravens, owls, eagles, hawks, and other feathered creatures were looking at the woman as she walked over to a raven that looked almost midnight blue. It stood completely still, but finally turned its head when it noticed the woman's presence.

"Rule over them well, protect them." The woman instructed the bird. But the bird looked less than pleased with those instructions.
The raven turned into a sorrowful-looking girl, who held a handful of black feathers.

"I do not want to. Let's give up. The sacrifice for our safety-It's not worth it." She said with a shaky voice. The woman shook her head.

"Lillia, it's worth it. Do not disappoint me, I will never forgive you." The woman turned back into her bird form, and flew away.

"Why does everyone always leave me..." The girl said and tears started streaming down her face, but she still had the same stern look her mother had.

She walked over to a golden mirror and looked at it. "Show me my mother." She demanded, and the black raven appeared in the mirror, flying back to the beach. But she was actually flying towards the same kind of people that tried to trap her earlier, and she knew it.
She landed in front of the small group of people, and somebody shot her. The girl watched it all, and her lip started to quiver.

It looked like she had calmed down, but right whenever she started walking away she turned around and punched the mirrors' glass. But given it was magic and protected, there wasn't even a smudge on it and it just hurt the girl's fist.

An owl hooted and flew onto the girl's shoulder.
"Stop it, do not try to destroy her mirror. How is that honoring your mother? Having a tantrum?"
"I do not know, maybe it is honoring her. It's a strange world, after all, isn't it? I have to watch my mother sacrifice herself, don't I?" The girl brushed the owl off of her shoulder and walked away, with a menacing look in her eyes.

(Summary: Shape-shifting predatory birds all live together in a large castle, in an attempt to stay safe. A group of humans want to kill them for an unknown reason, and just killed off the majority of them all. The leader of the group (the black raven) made her daughter the leader, and sacrificed herself to fool the humans and make them think all of them were eliminated since the leader had fallen. They all need to make their best attempt to survive, even now that their original leader is gone.)

Form (humans can be filler characters):

Name:
Personality:
History:
Species of bird (scavenger or predatory):
Animal form:
Human form:
Mate?:
Other:
Username:

My form:

Name: Lillia
Personality: Lillia can be extremely angry and agitated, which could make her aggressive. Though if she's not in a bad mood, she's usually gentle, graceful, and understanding.
History: Lillia was raised to be a ruler and a warrior. Her brother and father were killed by humans during their large attack, and her mother sacrificed herself to save the others. She wasn't supposed to become queen this early, but there was no other choice.
Species of bird (scavenger or predatory): Raven.
Animal form: Lillia looks like a normal raven, but in any kind of light she has a dark blue sheen.
Human form: (Bright yellow eyes)
Mate?: She was assigned with a mate, so yes. (Who wants to be her mate?)
Other: Wears Victorian era dresses, or her silver armor.
Username: Garjzla

Last edited:
Please Read First A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum. B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages. C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well. D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way. E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.
[COLOR=2F4F4F] It's a Strange World[/COLOR]​
(Skip to the end of the story for a short, simple summary.) A fluffy, black bird sat on a wet, slimy rock as rain poured onto the beach. There was a storm coming, and the only thing that was calm about the entire place was this little bird. Someone off in the distance saw the bird and pointed at it, making two other people pay attention. They ran at the bird and threw a net on top of it. The bird turned into a cloud of black mist and simply left the net, reforming in the air and flying away. Waves continued beating the rocks and in seconds the place was flooded, consuming the people who seemed to want to capture the bird. The bird flew for miles, until it reached a dark, gloomy castle. Landing at the entrance, it turned into a woman. She wore a silk black dress, had a black bowler hat with feathers, and her face wore a stern look. She entered the castle, and the castle wasn't any brighter than the outdoors. It was made mostly of black marble, and black candles provided the hallways with barely enough light. Different kinds of birds were perched here and there. Ravens, owls, eagles, hawks, and other feathered creatures were looking at the woman as she walked over to a raven that looked almost midnight blue. It stood completely still, but finally turned its head when it noticed the woman's presence. "Rule over them well, protect them." The woman instructed the bird. But the bird looked less than pleased with those instructions. The raven turned into a sorrowful-looking girl, who held a handful of black feathers. "I do not want to. Let's give up. The sacrifice for our safety-It's not worth it." She said with a shaky voice. The woman shook her head. "Lillia, it's worth it. Do not disappoint me, I will never forgive you." The woman turned back into her bird form, and flew away. "Why does everyone always leave me..." The girl said and tears started streaming down her face, but she still had the same stern look her mother had. She walked over to a golden mirror and looked at it. "Show me my mother." She demanded, and the black raven appeared in the mirror, flying back to the beach. But she was actually flying towards the same kind of people that tried to trap her earlier, and she knew it. She landed in front of the small group of people, and somebody shot her. The girl watched it all, and her lip started to quiver. It looked like she had calmed down, but right whenever she started walking away she turned around and punched the mirrors' glass. But given it was magic and protected, there wasn't even a smudge on it and it just hurt the girl's fist. An owl hooted and flew onto the girl's shoulder. "Stop it, do not try to destroy her mirror. How is that honoring your mother? Having a tantrum?" "I do not know, maybe it is honoring her. It's a strange world, after all, isn't it? I have to watch my mother sacrifice herself, don't I?" The girl brushed the owl off of her shoulder and walked away, with a menacing look in her eyes. (Summary: Shape-shifting predatory birds all live together in a large castle, in an attempt to stay safe. A group of humans want to kill them for an unknown reason, and just killed off the majority of them all. The leader of the group (the black raven) made her daughter the leader, and sacrificed herself to fool the humans and make them think all of them were eliminated since the leader had fallen. They all need to make their best attempt to survive, even now that their original leader is gone.) Form (humans can be filler characters): Name: Age: Gender: Personality: History: Species of bird (scavenger or predatory): Animal form: Human form: Mate?: Other: Username: My form: Name: Lillia Age: 19 Gender: Female Personality: Lillia can be extremely angry and agitated, which could make her aggressive. Though if she's not in a bad mood, she's usually gentle, graceful, and understanding. History: Lillia was raised to be a ruler and a warrior. Her brother and father were killed by humans during their large attack, and her mother sacrificed herself to save the others. She wasn't supposed to become queen this early, but there was no other choice. Species of bird (scavenger or predatory): Raven. Animal form: Lillia looks like a normal raven, but in any kind of light she has a dark blue sheen. Human form: (Bright yellow eyes) Mate?: She was assigned with a mate, so yes. [COLOR=000000](Who wants to be her mate?)[/COLOR] Other: Wears Victorian era dresses, or her silver armor. Username: Garjzla​
(FANTASTIC RP! joining soon)

Name:Xylo
Personality:Ruthless, angry, unmerciful. He only shows his kind side to close friends or his mate
History:His father beat him as a child, until he killed his father. He has endured much pain.
Species of bird (scavenger or predatory):Martial Eagle
Animal form:Normal Martial Eagle (search it up)
Human form:Tall, semi-muscular. He has dark brown eyes and hair.
Mate?:yes, maybe Lilila?
Other:
Username:JabbaDaHutt

Name:Vivian
Personality:Very quiet, nervous, and scared. If you tick her off, she becomes furious.
History:Has been an orphan since birth, with no friends or family
Species of bird (scavenger or predatory):Eurasian Eagle Owl (look it up)
Animal form:Normal Eurasian Eagle Owl
Human form:A skinny, but not too skinny, girl, with black eyes. She also has long black hair, which she always keeps combed.
Mate?:Looking for one, someone that cares about her. She wants a mate stronger than her.
Other:nada
Username: JabbaDaHutt

Name:Xylo
Personality:Ruthless, angry, unmerciful. He only shows his kind side to close friends or his mate
History:His father beat him as a child, until he killed his father. He has endured much pain.
Species of bird (scavenger or predatory):Martial Eagle
Animal form:Normal Martial Eagle (search it up)
Human form:Tall, semi-muscular. He has dark brown eyes and hair.
Mate?:yes, maybe Lilila?
Other:
Username:JabbaDaHutt

Accepted! Cool character, he can be Lillia's mate.

Name:Vivian
Personality:Very quiet, nervous, and scared. If you tick her off, she becomes furious.
History:Has been an orphan since birth, with no friends or family
Species of bird (scavenger or predatory):Eurasian Eagle Owl (look it up)
Animal form:Normal Eurasian Eagle Owl
Human form:A skinny, but not too skinny, girl, with black eyes. She also has long black hair, which she always keeps combed.
Mate?:Looking for one, someone that cares about her. She wants a mate stronger than her.
Other:nada
Username: JabbaDaHutt

Accepted!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom