Need to re-home mixed breed chickens New Braunfels, TX

schatze

Songster
12 Years
Feb 25, 2011
I need to re-home a large portion of my birds, sadly. Since I let them roam freely, the younger ones are mixed between blue wheaten ameraucanas, splash silkied ameraucanas, favorelle, buff orpington, and black copper french marans. The eggs are either blue, green, very pale green, dark brown, or tan--I don't have any white egg layers.

I currently have about 40 birds, but due to losing my husband they're going to be too much for me to properly care for myself. I'd prefer for the young roosters (about 5 months old) to go first so the hen to rooster ratio stays good. Currently everyone gets along, some are flighty, some like to be cuddled before going in for the night. My older birds--2-4yrs old I'll probably keep since they've only known here. I'll post pictures of them in the coming days, they all have names.

I live in New Braunfels, TX. It's between San Antonio and Austin. I don't know how to ship birds, so I really want only local pickup, or I could meet you half way (depending on how far half way is--this is Texas) if you have your own carrier (I only have one carrier that can comfortably hold two roosters (they all get along) or three hens.

We would be happy to take some - hens or pullets. We already have two roos. Text me at 512-784-3134. I'm in the Austin area but don't mind driving to meet you.

I need to re-home a large portion of my birds, sadly. Since I let them roam freely, the younger ones are mixed between blue wheaten ameraucanas, splash silkied ameraucanas, favorelle, buff orpington, and black copper french marans. The eggs are either blue, green, very pale green, dark brown, or tan--I don't have any white egg layers.

I currently have about 40 birds, but due to losing my husband they're going to be too much for me to properly care for myself. I'd prefer for the young roosters (about 5 months old) to go first so the hen to rooster ratio stays good. Currently everyone gets along, some are flighty, some like to be cuddled before going in for the night. My older birds--2-4yrs old I'll probably keep since they've only known here. I'll post pictures of them in the coming days, they all have names.

I live in New Braunfels, TX. It's between San Antonio and Austin. I don't know how to ship birds, so I really want only local pickup, or I could meet you half way (depending on how far half way is--this is Texas) if you have your own carrier (I only have one carrier that can comfortably hold two roosters (they all get along) or three hens.
Hi did you ever rehome your flock? I'm fairly local and I may be able to take a few if you want. Please let me know.
Ty.

My daughter has just started raising chickens. She is trying to build her flock. She currently has 2 hens and would love more. Please let me know if you have some available.

My daughter has just started raising chickens. She is trying to build her flock. She currently has 2 hens and would love more. Please let me know if you have some available.
I have a bantam rooster and a goose 4 months old. 830.358.8685 New Braunfels

Back
Top Bottom