Muscovy fledglings connendrum

birdenthuse

In the Brooder
Aug 23, 2016
I have 2 Muscovy fledglings who are 5 weeks old. I got them both when they were only a few days old and was hoping for 2 ducks. Fin all the reading I have done, one is very likely a male. They are both very tame and friendly, I am torn and wondering if introducing another duck of the same age will be difficult for them to welcome. I am thinking of possibly finding another home for the drake if the new fledging is accepted. I can most likely get one from the same clutch. Would that make a difference in how they interact? The reason I want to hopefully get another female is that I am thinking they will get along faster if they are young. Any suggestions?

Ducks quickly adjust to other ducks coming and going. Just put the new duckling across a fence from the others for a couple days. Once you put them together, they may pick on each other for a while, but they'll figure out who's boss and sort out their differences. In fact, if you sell the Drake first, the other female may accept the new duckling easier. Just some thoughts! :)

Thank you for your help
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom