update quail eggs

darkgizmo1211

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2016
hi all ty for all the wonderful and exelente advice everyone gives me umm hi have had my courtnix quail eggs in the incubator for 14 days i took them off of the turner and now there laying on the bottom tray how many days do they lay on the tray before the actully hatch do i still have to turn them my self this is my first time using an incubator so i dont know how it exactly works lol ty for all the help again

You've reached what is called lockdown. You don't need to turn the eggs any more. You will want to make sure you increase the humidity to about 65-75%. Try not to open the lid unless needed to help maintain humidity.

The eggs typically lay between days 16 to 18. They might start a little early or take a little longer.

ok today is day 15 so they should hatch tom till friday if they dont hatch by then is it because they didnt take or is it cause there slow to hatch

Slower hatches usually have to do with lower temperatures during incubation. If they don't hatch by day 20, you'll want to candle them to check for movement.

No, depending on what the temperature was whether too high or too low they can hatch from ranging from day 15 to day 21....
That said the usual day where most hatch if the temperature is just right is day 18 for quail.
If the don't hatch on day 15 16 or 17 then most likely they will on day 18.

I guess this is your first hatch? The most important thing you can do for them is to be patient. Let them do what they do best - hatch on their own. They will!

lol yes sry this is my first hatch its also the firs time im every using an incubator so im kinda getting enchish and excited at the same time

Back
Top Bottom