Help with large egg that hasn't hatched.

Angela81

Hatching
Aug 24, 2016
Hi, I wanted some help with the last chicken egg I have in the incubator. It was the largest egg by quite a bit and it had an air sack that was to the side. I candled it before lockdown and it looked like it was growing nicely. The other 7 eggs all pipped 12 - 24 hours ago and are now all in the brooder. I wouldn't worry if it didn't have its air sack to the side but as it does do I need to help it? I tried candling it again and can't see an internal pip or hear it when I tap the air sack. Do larger eggs just take longer or do I need to be doing anything to help it?

Any help would be really appreciated as this is my first clutch and it would be lovely if they all came out healthy.

If I were you I would put a small whole in the top of the egg and let it go until morning. And let nature take its course if you want to help it put a whole in the top and gently break off the shell and let it go a little bit and make sure not to get any of he main blood vessels.

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately the chick died inside the egg. I'm not sure why as it looked normal it just hadn't filled the egg completely or absorbed it's yolk.

Back
Top Bottom