Excited to be here! Total chicken rookie

TheBlaireCrew

In the Brooder
Aug 24, 2016
Ocala, Florida
Hi everyone. Super excited to be part of this community after lurking for a couple of months. My family and I are total chicken rookies. Ordered our first batch from mcmurrays in June. After our first bunch got lost in the mail (they never did arrive) we received our replacements on June 22. Ordered 15 and got the "free rare exotic" add on so started with 16. One didn't survive the first night and we had to cull one after a couple of weeks because of a crooked beak that was getting worse by the day
1f622.png

Anyways my family consists of myself, my husband and our 6 children. We just bought a house on 4 acres in April and have been adding to the headcount ever sense! We have the 14 chickens, 3 ducks, a leopard catahoula puppy and a bunny so far. Looking to add a lamb pretty soon (for 4h).

Welcome to BYC. Animals and children make such great combinations. Hope your critter collection continues to grow and thrive and your children enjoy 4H. I have great memories of showing dairy cattle. I got my first flock in April and a few have started laying eggs - it was so exciting to find that first egg. I know you and your family will be impatiently waiting for that day to come!

Back
Top Bottom