I think she's a cockerel :(

skwirlb8

Hatching
Aug 25, 2016
We ordered 4 female Brahma's (2 light, 2 buff) from MPC 13 weeks ago....I'm pretty sure my son's favorite pullet is a cockerel :(

It's the tail feather that has me questioning more than anything...I really don't think s/he is any more red than the others, and is by far the friendliest. I am pretty confident in saying that I have a certain amount of willful cognitive dissonance that he could be a girl because we like that one so much.

Thoughts?

Brahmas can be slow to mature, so it is hard to say. For now, I think pullet. Curved tail feathers are common for male and female juveniles; she is just molting, and it should fall out. Post pictures in a couple weeks to confirm.
smile.png

I agree with everyone else. Definitely a pullet. Even though Brahmas can be slow to mature, I would think that by 13 or 14 weeks, she would have a much redder and definitely bigger, comb and I see no wattles. Also see no saddle, hackle, or neck feathers, etc. (Female coloring). Definitely female.

Phew...big sigh of relief! Thanks ya'll...with how sweet she is, it would have been a heck of a kick in the keister to find out otherwise ;)

Back
Top Bottom