Bargain!

marlene

Songster
8 Years
Aug 17, 2011
UK
I got myself a cracking bargain today. I saw an add on Gumtree (UK selling site) for a brooder kit, which included drinker, feeder, brooding light, candling lamp amongst other few bits. So I went and bought it as I thought it would be useful for hatching next spring. The person was selling for a friend's wife as the husband had been put into a home recently, and the wife was trying to clear the house. Apparently the husband was a impulsive buyer and harder.
So, this brooder kit comes in a big plastic container, and had never been used or even opened. Well imagine my surprise when I get it home, start unpacking it all and find a brinsea mini advance brand new in its box.There must be over £200 pounds worth of items and I paid a total of £20 English pounds for it. What a bargain.

Oh wow you lucky duck! That sure is a fabulous bargain and what a fab surprise for you when opening box :highfive:

Sound like it was one of those starter packs you can buy with everything in to get to you started with incubating and hatching :D

Gosh, thats a Brucey Bonus if ever i heard one!

Good for you
wee.gif

I was delighted with my little find. Problem now is that I am tempted to fire it up and do a little hatch. Been on eBay already checking out hatching eggs.

I was delighted with my little find. Problem now is that I am tempted to fire it up and do a little hatch. Been on eBay already checking out hatching eggs.

And thats a "problem"? Do it, i say (but get your eggs as local as possible as shipped eggs don't necessarily have the greatest hatch rate).

Of course you have to incubate eggs, that was the strongest omen you get and at a bargain price. Feel badly for the husband though, maybe he really hoped to raise chickens and his health or ?? wouldn't allow.

Back
Top Bottom