Is this a chicken or some other type of fowl??

LindenLady

In the Brooder
May 3, 2015
Illinois
Please help me identify this bird!!
The bird originally was sold with a group of baby Guinea fowl, and as she/he began to grow, my friend noticed that it definitely wasn't a Guinea. She thinks it's a chicken and called me to see if I wanted her/him because she doesn't raise chickens on her farm. I said I'd take her/him but I'm very curious to know what breed of bird this is. Anyone have ideas?? She purchased these birds around July 15, so they are roughly 6 weeks old now, if that helps.
Thanks for the input, BYC peeps! :)

This is a photo from Aug 5. That's the bird in question with the other Guinea fowl (white) that she had been raising. Then she realized that the "outsider" sure didn't look like the rest of the birds she got from that sale! Lol. :)
)

Definitely looks like some sort of bantam chicken. What a cutie. Someone will know what breed it is (I'm in New Zealand and we don't have nearly the variety of breeds available overseas). Maybe a Japanese bantam or Serama maybe looking at how it carries it's tail but I'm really not sure. Glad the little cutie has found a good home.

Please help me identify this bird!!
The bird originally was sold with a group of baby Guinea fowl, and as she/he began to grow, my friend noticed that it definitely wasn't a Guinea. She thinks it's a chicken and called me to see if I wanted her/him because she doesn't raise chickens on her farm. I said I'd take her/him but I'm very curious to know what breed of bird this is. Anyone have ideas?? She purchased these birds around July 15, so they are roughly 6 weeks old now, if that helps.
Thanks for the input, BYC peeps! :)

Very cute! It kind of looks like a Sebright.

Thanks for the replies thus far! Y'all are great! And I'm so excited now to see what this lil chick is gonna look like!!! I'd be ecstatic if it looked like a Sebright!! Never even heard of that breed until you guys started posting! I've still got a lot to learn when it comes to chick breeds! :)

Just wondering if you have an updated picture of your little cutie. Someone might have a better idea now that it's a couple of weeks older.

Back
Top Bottom