Ducks penis comes out while pooping

shiningeyes

Chirping
Mar 22, 2016
So I've looked through all the duck prolapse threads but only have found information about actual prolapses-where it stays out. I'm wondering if anyone has information on what would cause it to come out each time he poops? It might take a minute but he can wiggle his but and it retracts. I feel like this shouldn't happen...Also, his poop seems to be pretty watery, often enough that he does get some dirty vent feathers. Has anyone else experienced this?

A good duck vet would be best, and that is not always possible.

Perhaps getting a stool sample to a vet to check for problems.

Does he get lots of swim time? I think I might get him into a tub of lukewarm water once a day for a while to swim around - that would clean the vent area and give a little exercise.

This happens with one of my Pekin Drakes..
I am wondering the same thing. His penis flies and dangles our every time he sharts and then retracts back in. I hope that it stays in!
I hope this doesn’t lead to future prolapse.

This happens with one of my Pekin Drakes..
I am wondering the same thing. His penis flies and dangles our every time he sharts and then retracts back in. I hope that it stays in!
I hope this doesn’t lead to future prolapse.
I also have a drake Pekin who started doing the same thing. It's not every time he goes but quite often. His poo is also usually watery. Where do we find the answer for this?

it goes right back in once he poos? If so I wouldn't worry it's when they don't go back in then we need to do something to help.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom