BA Roo need's a new home (or a warm pot!)

FlyWheel

Crowing
6 Years
Mar 19, 2016
35.111165 -81.226586
My Coop
My Coop
I have a Black Australorp I no longer need or want. He is very protective of the hens but very mean to me and I have neither the know how nor the desire to dress him myself. Yet despite the fact that I am surrounded by four hunting areas and hundreds of game processors no one else seems to be interested in doing him either. He's just over 18 months old.

I live in South Carolina about 35 miles north of Columbia if you're interested.

can he be shipped? I am in ft. Lauderdale. he would not be eaten but kept as a rescue pet. my last rooster was killed by ******* vet. long story. lawsuit pending.

thanks!
steve

TTYTT, I have absolutely no idea. I've never shipped a chicken before, of any size or type.
D.gif

Last edited:
They can be shipped by US Mail

large bird part starts at around 5-6 minutes. I know it is a hassle. Up to you!

You would need to find someone in your area who is NPIP (National Poultry Improvement Plan) certified such as a feed store or someone who regularly ships these birds. The video shows how to pack them.

If you get him here, he will have a wonderful home, not be eaten, but treated as a pet. Again, I rescue animals. I don't eat them and just lost a beautiful rooster to a bird vet who did not know how to anesthetize the bird. Going after this clown any legal way possible. Attorney working up negligence malpractice suit. Getting expert testimony to go after his license. Guy didn't give a poop Story of my life.

I will reimburse any shipping costs you incur should you decide to do this.

Thanks!
Steve
Edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in Ft. Lauderdale, FL not Texas. If you look at the videos from YouTube, they can handle an overnight shipping. I just don't want you to kill him for "the pot" as you stated on your site.

If you can't do this, let me know, There may be other options. Trust me, this bird will live the life of luxury. Getting ready to file a malpractice against a vet for killing my last bird. Found him three years ago before I knew he was a rooster. Probably some kid's Easter chick that was discarded. He was sitting on an C/C pipe. Felt his breastbone. He had NO MEAT, starving. Checked his back. Full of black goo and mites all over the place. Off to the bird vet. $800 in vet bill later he fully recovered and grew into a beautiful bird who followed me around, sat on my desk with his head on the back of my hand, sat on a table next to me when I watched the boob tube, etc. I had no idea they were so capable. Then again, I am a vegetarian. I also have a 501c3 non-profit animal rescue. Spent over $300,000 last year on rescue work vet bills, other people's vet bills, expensive cancer treatment for one of my cats, etc.

Took my rooster for emergency vet trip when found his right eye closed. He did not know how to properly anesthetize the bird. Unlike parrots and smaller birds, you cannot put a face mask on poultry or ducks. You must intubate the bird so there is positive pressure in the airway. If not, the weight of the pectoral muscles (the white meat) is so great, it compresses the air spaces and you suffocate the bird. Also, this idiot was keeping him sedated while waiting for a veterinary ophthalmologist to call who never did. Essentially, he murdered my precious rooster because he didn't know what the heck he was doing. Would use stronger words but this site edits them out. Three weeks later, I am just starting to feel better because I found a veterinary malpractice attorney who knows what she is doing. First lawyer racked up bills for "research" then said no without going into details. He has a ton of rich clients, millionaires and billionaires bickering over things like land boundaries, etc and their money just pours into his bank account. Why bother with a case like this.

Anyway, done rambling. If you have a feed store nearby, maybe you can see what they think. Most feed stores ship the birds. Its better than killing him. which it seems you are ready to do.

BTW, I am used to mean roosters. They do settle down after a while. Worked with a group that rehabs rescued fighting birds. my bird did go after certain people. How he decided who he would go after is beyond me. Anyway, I won't bother you anymore if you don't want to do this. Just don't kill him

Back
Top Bottom