Hens or roosters?

AsFuquea

In the Brooder
Sep 25, 2016
I bought 12 3 month old chickens in June. They are growing nicely and have gotten so big. At first I thought we only had 4 roosters. Now I'm not so sure. Please help me accurately determine which are hens and roosters. I will post pictures. Thank you in advance.

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

Sorry to say, but I'm definitely seeing more than four cockerels there.

Photo 1:Cockerel
Photo 2: Back, front, and middle front are cockerels. Middle back looks to be a pullet.
Photo 3: Pullet
Photo 4: Cockerel
Photo 5: Front pullet, back pullet, middle cockerel
Photo 6: Front and back left cockerels, back right pullet
Photo 7: Both right and back left cockerels, front left pullet.
Photo 8: Both cockerels.

Without an individual photo of each I can't be sure, but I think you have either 3 or 4 pullets and 8 or 9 cockerels.

I agree with Queen Misha unless you have included more than 1 picture of the same birds. It's better if you have individual photos or at least label them with a number or name.

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

Sorry to say, but I'm definitely seeing more than four cockerels there.

Photo 1:Cockerel
Photo 2: Back, front, and middle front are cockerels. Middle back looks to be a pullet.
Photo 3: Pullet
Photo 4: Cockerel
Photo 5: Front pullet, back pullet, middle cockerel
Photo 6: Front and back left cockerels, back right pullet
Photo 7: Both right and back left cockerels, front left pullet.
Photo 8: Both cockerels.

Without an individual photo of each I can't be sure, but I think you have either 3 or 4 pullets and 8 or 9 cockerels.
I agree.

Hello there! Welcome to the wonderful world of Backyard chickens!!! I agree with Queen Misha. You definitely have quite a few cockerels there. I hope you enjoy BYC and have as much fun here as I have!

Back
Top Bottom