Baby Chick Always sleeping

josealvm

Hatching
Sep 25, 2016
I recently bought two baby chicks and the first day they seemed pretty active and good until today one of them just kept standing up and going to sleep rocking back and forth, she does not wants to eat or drink, she does not poop either well just two times in the day and very little, her poop is white with just a pinch of brown, I already check her for pasting and she seems fine, she is just very lethargic and always sleeping. What can I do? Is she sick or just lazy? Help!!!!!

Neither. Your little chick is likely a "failure to thrive" victim. It's not due to anything you've done or failed to do. With chicks such as your little one, genetic flaws, internal where they can't be seen, prevent the uptake of nutrients and they fail to develop.

Some do make it, but they often require help getting launched. If you are able, get hold of some poultry Nutri-drench. You ought to be able to find it at a feed store or even Wal-mart.

Give the chick a drop alongside its beak then mix some in the water so it appears as weak tea. It's fine for the other chick to drink. If the chick isn't eating try moistening the feed. If it still won't eat, try minced boiled egg or mashed tofu. Sprinkle the Nutri-drench over the top. Again, it's okay for the other chick to eat, too.

Your chick may make it, but prepare yourself for it not doing so. It's so sad and upsetting when this happens, but it's more common than you might think.

Neither. Your little chick is likely a "failure to thrive" victim. It's not due to anything you've done or failed to do. With chicks such as your little one, genetic flaws, internal where they can't be seen, prevent the uptake of nutrients and they fail to develop.

Some do make it, but they often require help getting launched. If you are able, get hold of some poultry Nutri-drench. You ought to be able to find it at a feed store or even Wal-mart.

Give the chick a drop alongside its beak then mix some in the water so it appears as weak tea. It's fine for the other chick to drink. If the chick isn't eating try moistening the feed. If it still won't eat, try minced boiled egg or mashed tofu. Sprinkle the Nutri-drench over the top. Again, it's okay for the other chick to eat, too.

Your chick may make it, but prepare yourself for it not doing so. It's so sad and upsetting when this happens, but it's more common than you might think.

I agree fully.

Back
Top Bottom