Albino Chicken!

chickenlady4321

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 18, 2011
So I was going to post this awhile back. My mom got an albino baby chick this year at Runnings. It had the pinkest little eyes. It is still alive! Usually they don't live past being a chick. She is pretty blind and finds her way to the food and water by listening for the other chickens. These pictures don't really give her weird eyes justice.

hugs.gif
Just take good care of her until she exits on her own. I have a blind chicken also. She is 10 1/2 years old and blind for over one year due to a dog attack. (not my dog) She eats well, and I suppose she finds the food by the sense of smell.
Are you sure your chicken is blind totally???
WISHING YOU BEST.
thumbsup.gif

A friend of mine had an albino turkey once. She was a Midget White and was also blind. She got around fine and ate and drank on her own. But had to be penned separate with an old Orpington hen for company. She lived for 3 years and died peacefully one night. She even new her name and would respond when you called her. I'd say keep her comfortable and let her live her life out.

I think it's possible she is compelety blind. I can move my finger in front of her and she doesn't seem to notice. Her food and water is always in the same place. We are going to try our best to keep her happy and healthy :) she seems to be extremely smart.

My chicken is totally blind. Dog attack ether severed her nerves or cause brain damage. Her eyes recovered after some time. (about 2 months) . When I shine a flash light into her eyes, there is NO REACTION AT ALL. Try the flashlight method to know for sure.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom