Mr T my tom turkey has attitude

rebylacubana

Hatching
Sep 30, 2016
I have raised turkeys as pets throughout the years and although my tom turkeys are very protective of their hens they usually just strut their stuff but leave me alone. I have raised Mr T and two hens from tiny poults and now they are 6 months old. Mr T struts around but now he is starting to not only try to peck at me but today did the karate kid jump and kick at me. Is there any way to calm him down? I thought he should know I'm in there to feed and clean up.

Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. Sadly, i know nothing about turkeys, but the link given by CuzChickens is the best place to ask. I hope that they are nothing like roosters - cos trying to undo that behaviour is a royal pain in the "you know where"
smile.png

Best wishes
CT

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm afraid I know nothing about turkeys but I'm sure the keepers in the turkey section will be able to help you.
Good luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

I know nothing about turkeys either - so I hope the folks on the turkey thread will be able to assist you. Turkeys are so much larger than roosters, they could do some fearsome damage. I think he is eager to be a Thanksgiving dinner.

What is your ultimate goal with Mr. T? I know folks with aggressive rooster often introduce him to Sunday dinner. Was your tom to be a breeder or was he roaster bound anyway? If it was the latter it might be the time.

Mr T is just a pet I'm hoping to just have him live a happy life and if he breeds with the two hens and we have chicks that would be a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom