Help with the sex of my little one

Sandianne13

Hatching
Sep 21, 2016
DORRIGO NSW AUSTRALIA
Hi I read these forums all the time but am actually new as a member. I would like to post pics of my White Leghorn x silkie for sexing. I hope you all can clear it up for me.

Thank you I will but was under the impression that this chickens cross was able to be sex linked. I am wondering if it's legs are dark enough to be called a hen.
Cheers

There's a few greeters that are knowledgeable on the subject, but posting on the gender thread may illicit speedier responses

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Cute chick you have there. I too would suggest that you post on the what breed gender link that CT left for you. I'm sure members there will be able to help you.

Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. That chick is far too young to sex.

Thank you I will but was under the impression that this chickens cross was able to be sex linked. I am wondering if it's legs are dark enough to be called a hen.
Cheers

White Leghorn X Silkie will not be a sex linked cross, regardless of the the Silkie's color. The Leghorn's Dom White will take over the plumage completely. The genes that cause dark legs in Silkies are not sex linked either.

Edit: I stand corrected. Thanks for posting that link @fancychooklady. I had no idea Id was sex linked. I need to start reading up on leg color...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom