Chicken behavior

On it or in it? If it's in it it is because they sometimes like to get their feet wet. If you want her out of it, get a different type of waterer. If it's on it there's not much you can do as they look to perch on top of stuff higher than the ground.

I have noticed that my chicken is always standing on her water pan why? And what can i do about it

When, during the day or at night when it is sleeping? On the water pan or in the water? How old is the chicken? How many chickens do you have? I assume it is only one that is doing this? How hot is your weather?

Believe it or not chickens like to get on things. You might try providing roosts at different heights and give them different things to roost on. My youngsters thought this sturdy box was the coolest thing ever.

Give your chicken something slightly higher than your waterer and see if that stops her.

Also make sure the pen she is in is clean. If she is living on wire provide an area where she can get relief from the wire. (Secured cardboard works well-once it's dirty you can toss it) If she has a dirt floor to scratch around in make sure it is clean and dry. If not-give her other roosts close to the ground. 2 x 4 secured by building blocks work well.

Hope this helps

Believe it or not chickens like to get on things. You might try providing roosts at different heights and give them different things to roost on. My youngsters thought this sturdy box was the coolest thing ever. Give your chicken something slightly higher than your waterer and see if that stops her. Also make sure the pen she is in is clean. If she is living on wire provide an area where she can get relief from the wire. (Secured cardboard works well-once it's dirty you can toss it) If she has a dirt floor to scratch around in make sure it is clean and dry. If not-give her other roosts close to the ground. 2 x 4 secured by building blocks work well. Hope this helps
Off topic, But are your chickens black Stars/ black sex links? I had a few black star hens for a while and they were great chickens.

Mine do the same thing. I put other things in the run for them to hop on, like the box pictured. Or a branch/stump, pallet, etc. They just like to be up high, it makes them feel all big and bad.

Back
Top Bottom