can someone help me!

Chicken Lady Janice

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 18, 2016
Can someone tell me what I'm dealing with here. I have already lost one baby and now these babies have it! I have attached pictures.
[/IMG][/IMG]

That looks very serious. Do you have a vet that would see them? You can also post in full detail and with photos at "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures, " thread. I would suggest seeing a vet pronto. It may be quite awhile till the er people see your post and I doubt that many will know what that is. Also once you go offline, no one can reach you.

Greetings from Kansas and :welcome! Great to have you in our flock but sorry it's under these circumstances. I agree with everything Diva said above....looks like she needs a poultry vet. Best wishes and good luck to you!

Im new at chickens so don't take my word for this! But
I think its Black head. I bought some chicks with it. I did not take them to vet so Im not sure if thats what it is.
Its not always fatal with chickens but there is no cure.Those crusty scabs can be removed from them.Its almost always fatal with Turkeys.

Hello there and welcome to Backyard chickens! I am so gad you joined us,but so sorry to hear about your chicks! I do not know what it could be, so I hope the folks on the ER thread can help you out on that one! Good luck with the chicks and I hope you enjoy BYC!!

Im new at chickens so don't take my word for this! But
I think its Black head. I bought some chicks with it. I did not take them to vet so Im not sure if thats what it is. 
Its not always fatal with chickens but there is no cure.Those crusty scabs can be removed from them.Its almost always fatal with Turkeys.

There are incredibly few substantiated cases of Blackhead in chickens. It is a disease of turkeys. What you are dealing with sounds more like fowl pox.

I was wondering if it wasn't fowl pox, but hated try to treat for something and it be the wrong thing. I'm going to do some more research on that and see what I can come up with. Thank you everyone for your concern and your support for me and my poor babies.

Back
Top Bottom